Woot! We released sofasession Client Software Windows 0.1.86.4 and finally Mac 0.1.0.4! How awesome is that? To learn how you can benefit from the new versions, please continue reading this release note.
What’s new in this version?
Our development team has focused on increasing speed and stability of the software. This release contains a faster and more stable version for Windows. It now runs on Windows machines even without ASIO drivers (using ASIO will still give you the best performance). Latency has been decreased significantly due to redesign of part of the software. We increased stability by fixing a couple of bugs that would result in crashes or undesired behaviour of the software.
Mac systems are now supported!
We encourage you to update your software to this newest Client version and rock out NOW!
Windows XP and Windows 7, 8 (32bit), version 0.1.86.4 details
- New jitter buffer for lower latency for transmission
- Improved stability
- Improved support for Windows Core Audio
- Solved several issues that would result in crashes while connecting to other users
- Fixed two bugs that would not allow a Firefox user to establish a connection
- Fixed a bug that would not allow recent users to start or joint sessions
Mac version 0.1.0.4 details
- Full jam functionality
- support for built-in audio device or any other USB audio interface selected from the system preferences
- automatically selects input channels 1 and 2
The latest version can be downloaded on our sofasession download page.
If you should have any issues with this version, please contact us and our development team via this contact form.